Thursday, January 10, 2008

I've still got it!

I was afraid that I'd lost my timing coming off of my most recent two year rest cycle, but it was just like riding a bike! My knees were killing me when I got there, but 4 advil, a red bull, and a long warm up later left me feeling pretty good.

I started out with some walking pole plants, followed by a few pole runs at 50%. I did some 3 step hangs, then 3 step short vaults. I backed up to 5 lefts and took 10 jumps in flats on my biggest short run pole. Got rejected pretty good on my first two, but got over my gun shyness on my 3rd jump. I put a bungee up at 5m just for grins on my last jump and (mostly) didn't touch it. Only 50cm to go!

I was so pumped after that last jump, I ran some 150s, but over did it a bit and deposited the red bull I had earlier in back the trash can. I'm feeling OK now, but I need to remember I can't jump back in at full throttle just yet. I'm so psyched! I think I might celebrate a little tonight if I can talk my wife into letting me out of the late shift with the kids tonight.

169 days!

No comments: