Saturday, March 22, 2008

and so it begins......

Jumped in my first meet today! Didn't get 5.50m, but took 3 good attempts at it. I'm thinking I shouldn't have passed directly to it after making my opener, but I still feel pretty good about my performance. I'm glad the college close to here has good vaulting facilities. There were a lot of people surprised to see me today and were really great about encouraging me. I'm so glad I got back into vaulting, just to be around the people involved.

I just want to thank all of you for all the support and encouragement you've been giving me. I'm also getting a kick around all the speculation around who I am. Makes me feel like a celebrity or something. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the first meet! You said you passed to 5.50 after making your opening height... thats crazy... how big of a jump are we talking about between heights?

Livin' The Dream said...

not real huge, a foot give or take