Thursday, March 20, 2008

some sad news...

Well, the solution to my support problem at home has come to fruition. I filed for divorce from my wife yesterday. This was a long time in the works, but her complete lack of support and daily criticism of me pursuing my dream was the straw that broke the camels back (that and some mysterious TXT messages). She never appreciated anything that I sacrificed for her and our family. I gave up my initial dream of vaulting professionally to settle down with her and start a family. Once the opportunity presented itself to come back, she was nothing but negative about the entire thing.

I feel pretty awful right now, but this whole process has doubled my resolve to follow my dreams. I'm making such good progress (5.60m over a bar today!) that I can't waver from my goal. Things are going to be that much harder, but I can't let these setback deter me.

onward and upward!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

She was a bitch anyway. You're better off without her.

Anonymous said...

Did she have dreams? Did you support her in those dreams? There's always two sides to every story. Don't mention anything about your personal life and about her unless you let her give her side as well. Stick to pole vaulting and not bad mouthing. Ditto for your anonymous supporter as well.

Livin' The Dream said...

who said anything about bad mouthing? Did I say one bad thing about her? She's told her story many times to numerous people, but for some reason everyone seems to agree that she's in the wrong and I'm in the right, even her own family. Don't try to stick your nose into something without knowing all the facts around it.

Anonymous said...

You put it exactly...knowing all the facts that means her side as well. You said you didn't bad mouth her but you did and you made some innuendo as well with the comment on text messaging.
Frankly though the best thing to do is mention none of the facts regarding your wife or the divorce. Just stick to the pole vaulting issues. Isn't that where you wanted the support in the first place?